Sunday, July 17, 2011

Camping in Rock Canyon

We started off the afternoon with dinner in Rock Canyon Park, before looking for a campsite. The pond at one end of the park had flooded and left a fine stream to play in, even if it was very cold.

Mom eating one of her delicious veggie wraps in the park




After setting up camp we went on a hike up Rock Canyon.


Getting ready for some milk in the dark
We woke up in the morning and I took a 15 mile run, most of it with my friend Matt Beatty, while Cait hung out with the guy and took him on a hike.

Waking up


Ice bath in the river

Looking to join dad or pull him out


Yesterday:

We finished up our camping trip. I did my run. We came home, rested and cleaned. Cait took the guy to the park while I finished the cleaning, then the guy went to bed early and we watched Fight Club, which will probably be our last Netflix movie and our last foray into mind bending dark movies for a while.

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of Theo on Tim's back. Super cute!

    And we usually keep our coconut oil in out pantry. We keep our house at about 76 degrees, but the pantry is dark and is usually a bit cooler, but parts of it still turn into liquid. I'm pretty sure you can keep it in the fridge though.

    ReplyDelete