Monday, January 12, 2009

Oops....

I know you are all dying to know the story behind the little mishap of the month. Well, around beginning of Decemberish, I decided I was allergic to latex after a few excruciating weeks. Contraception failed us. So, over Christmas break, I was pretty sure I was past my ovulating days, so we thought nothing of it. Then, about two weeks ago I started feeling weird. Not bad, just weird. I thought I was just going to start my period (I was crampy, exhausted, and hungry ALL the time). I took a pregnancy test that Saturday, but it was negative so I waited for my period to start. When it didn't appear for a week, I took another test. As soon as I peed, I ran back into the bedroom because I didn't want to look at it. Tim walked in before me and there it was. The holy double lines. I calculate that I'm about 5 weeks along. That means my baby is the size of a poppy seed--a POPPY SEED. How adorable is that!

We figure that baby will come sometime in September. That nixes the Argentina trip in August (Tim might still go, I'm definitely encouraging it. He says he needs to be responsible now for my welfare, but I think I'll be fine), but hopefully will not prevent me from completing my internship in DC. That does mean, though, hugely pregnant in 95% humidity in east coast summer. Not the best timing... but hey, what can you do when you are ridiculously fertile??

12 comments:

  1. procreate. obviously. also, my sister is obsessed with the elimination method (although using that is a ways off for you)... you might find it interesting/want to look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that makes me laugh, :) its great though! babies are WONDERFUL!!! lol i am starting to want another one ;) anyway keep me updated hopefullly we wont be to far behind you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was no mishap...I think you were baby hungry because there was a little spirit up in heaven who couldn't wait to come down to earth. Congratulations! We are so happy for you, although Craig and I can't help but chuckle a little, or may be a lot. Good luck with everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my dear! Happy News for a Happy New Year!


    Very exciting, very happy and what an adventure!

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The idea of a little poppy seed is makes me want to cry. I'm so happy for you, Caitlin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Change the world and make a family. We should make bumper stickers... I look forward to all of your future entries, but not that I didn't before. Cuddly, spirited, silly goose kids are treasures, even when they fuss because we all know being a child at heart is best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOSH.

    I have no words. Except that now I want it to be a girl and for you to name her Poppy, because how cute would that be?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHATWHATWHAT!!!!

    Caitlin's gunna be a moooooooom!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Caitlin, thats crazy! Congratulations! I hope that your baby is healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katy said: Except that now I want it to be a girl and for you to name her Poppy, because how cute would that be?!

    You can't name your baby Poppy, because I'm Poppy. Then your todler will say, "Hey Poppy," and I'll say "Hey yourself, Poppy." That would be cute, for about a day!! And it would be very confusing for all your Poppy's cousins!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, Caitlin! That's so exciting. How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete