Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"It was the church fountain. That's the holy of holies."

Because this is such a part of my daily life, I figured I'd make it a part of my blog. Hopefully it will become a semi-daily thing. I plan on posting things that I hear as I go throughout my day. I would love to post thought provoking and deep things, but more than likely it will be things that make me laugh on the inside. Let me know what you think. If they suck, let me know and I'll listen harder to find good things. Also I will post things that I think I hear, even though I know that I'm sure they weren't really saying those things, but they make me laugh anyways. I'll designate those ones different. So here we go:

"It was the church fountain. That's the holy of holies."
-A coworker of mine, justifying her hypothetical decision to eat a block of cheese containing a piece of chewed gum found randomly in a LDS churchhouse fountain. She would hypothetically receive $30 for doing so.

"You can do it, just slide it in. There you go."
-The kid next to me at the bus stop this morning encouraging the man in front of him to redo his belt. The man was asking for the kids help in putting his belt back in, but the only help he would give was this useful advice. It was funny even if you ignore the double entrendre.

"Why?"
-The kid behind me in Poly-Sci 200 when it was announced that all assignments were going to be graded severely, but then curved a bunch at the end of the class. I tend to agree.

"Up to 100+."
Technically I read this. It was on the menu at Los Hermanos explaining how large of a party you could reserve part of the restaurant for, the answer apparently being infinitely large.

1 comment:

  1. I'll give you US$100 if your next one of these can make me laugh more than this one did.

    ReplyDelete