Thursday, January 29, 2009

Evil formula companies

Apparently, in order to purchase Preggie Pops at the Motherhood Maternity store, Tim had to put down an e-mail address and "register." Unbeknownest to him, they really just wanted to start barraging me with free samples of formula. Evil, evil formula. Evil formula companies trying to manipulate poor little pregnant girls into not giving their babies what's best. Why is this still allowed?! I immediately unsubscribed and sent them a scathing e-mail. Ironically enough, the e-mail next in my inbox was from the BabyMilk Action campaign. I willingly subscribed to that.

5 comments:

  1. That's really weird that he had to register. I certainly didn't have to!

    And formula itself isn't evil, my dear. It's a godsend for those of us with ta-tas that don't work quite like they should after deliveries that don't go quite like they should.

    Formula companies though..an argument could be made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kayla. Be careful not to make mothers who CAN'T nurse feel inadequate. But the formula companies are sneaky and aggressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're both right. Formula, not so evil in some situations. But I have a huge thing against formula companies since they killed thousands of African babies in the 70s and still today aggressively market their product, give out free samples, etc. to women they know cannot afford not to breastfeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My baby's formula-fed and I don't feel bad at all. She didn't want to nurse, she refused pumped breastmilk after she was four months old and formula was the next best thing. I used those coupons for a long time and now I give them away to people who can't afford to pay full price for it and might be in the same boat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not have enough milk for 2 months so i was SO grateful for formula and all the coupons and free stuff they sent me because it IS expensive! Breast milk is the best, and i will do my best to make sure all my kids get it (lol you remember my pumping at platinum days ;))but some time and some situations it just does not work so its really good there are other options available

    ReplyDelete