Thursday, January 22, 2009

I was re-reading Kayla's baby blog archives today (it's not like I'm not working full-time and taking the hardest classes of my major this semester), and I came across the ancient Chinese lunar calendar predicto-o-sexo (it apparently was very accurate in predicting Wes).



I want a girl. Tim wants a boy.

Sophomore year of college, my roommates and I played a fortune-telling game where you spin a thread with a needle on it over your palm and it will tell you the number and sex of your children. I got four kids: boy, girl, boy, girl. Unfortunately, Austin is apparently going to have 9 boys. Melissa, I think 3, a few of each. Rachel, a boy and a girl. Heather, 4 girls and 2 boys. Since I'm the only one out of all us that's even close to having a baby (well, I suppose Melissa just got married, so perhaps)... I guess I'll be the first to see how our predictions turn out.

Ancient Chinese lunar calendar vs. old wives' tale needle and thread.
Only time will tell.

5 comments:

  1. This calendar didn't work for me, although I know lots of people who swear it's been right about themselves their kids, their neighbors, etc.
    Congratulations on your pregnancy, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it predicts a girl for you? I can't exactly remember how it works..something about the mother's lunar age, I think, but everything in December (I do recall you saying Christmas Eve) around your age is pink. So My Official Guess is GIRL!

    I'm so so excited that you're pregnant, by the way. I think I've already told you that, but I'm saying it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thought you might enjoy this account of an unassisted (!) home birth from a blog I read.

    http://balancingeverything.com/my-fourth-pregnancy-and-third-homebirth/

    She ended up having a very serious complication and was in the hospital a few days later, but the birth story is inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. correction: it predicted 4 boys, 1 girl, and then another boy for me. so i guess that's 5 boys and a girl.

    but it was right for you, at least about the first boy!

    haha... funny remembering this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The needle was right! Weeeird!

    ReplyDelete