Sunday, June 7, 2009

Summation

I haven't posted in a while, so I thought I would. Here's just random thoughts of mine from the past while. 



We went to Philadelphia a while back. The historical sites were pretty cool, but the actual city of Brotherly Love was a little run down and depressing. It was fun riding a huge tour bus through the ghetto parts of town with everyone staring at it. The best part of the trip was watching National Treasure on the way back.

We've also recently been to the Postal Museum and had an inside tour of the Pentagon thanks to our fellow intern Tiffany who works there. Both were pretty cool. But if you ever go to the Postal Museum don't get sucked into the direct mailing exhibit. It's funded by a direct mailing printer company and is one big propaganda trip, not a museum exhibit. Stick to the real mail.

Baby stuff has stupid names. A quick scan of e-bay products for baby stuff gives results back like "Galloping Fun Jumperoo," "Bouncing Tigger Jolly Jumper" and "SweetDollBaby" cloth diapers. Who are they marketing to, the babies? Seems like people start re-living their childhood through their baby early these days. It's obviously not a big deal, of course. If the product is good, what do I care.

On a similar note, shout out to Cait for being super ready for the baby. Our insurance situation is a little tenuous right now, admittedly. But besides that, thanks to Cait, I feel like we are as prepared as we can be. I should probably be reading up on being a dad a little more, too.

On another related note, Cait just said "Babies are so ugly. They look like aliens."

We had a good time hanging out with Cait's family this weekend, but we forgot the camera, so I'll steal this photo from Lauren.





And yes, that is a pretty nice beard if I do say so myself.

Target is a pretty fun place to work. I do have to be up at 4:30 to be there by 6 when I start working. But I also get home early, so that's nice.

That's it. If anyone knows where to get good souvenirs from France or Alabama here in DC, let me know.

2 comments:

  1. My husband is ridiculously attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried a pawn shop? Or Hare Krishna?

    You've got all summer to get yours - I've only got a couple weeks. And we won't have a lot of time for souvenir shopping.

    ReplyDelete