Saturday, June 20, 2009

Products I can't live without

I deleted my last post because it was kind of mean, and I felt guilty thinking mean things about people that are always nice to me (it was about stupid questions people ask during our briefing sessions, in case you are wondering).

So, now I'm going to blog about nice things.

Kayla blogged a few weeks ago about products she can't live without.

Here's my list of "products I can't live without"

1. Burt's Bees lip balm



This stuff is heaven. I used to be a cherry chapstick addict, but this stuff is yummier and more natural. I can handle the slightly higher price tag because it makes my lips feel all tingly and minty.

I was also very happy to find out recently that Burt's Bees baby wash smells absolutely heavenly. I don't want to use Johnson's because of the chemicals, but I was sad because it smells so much like a baby. I was pleasantly surprised to find the Burt's Bees smelled better, without the parabens.

2. Tom's toothpaste



I'm sure most people can't live without their toothpaste, but I'm especially attached to mine. I switched over sometime last year, and will never go back. The spearmint is my favorite. It's delicious and makes my mouth feel super clean.

3. Nalgene



I'm not sure what constitutes a "product" but I sure do love my Nalgene. I drink A LOT of water. It's all I drink in fact, barring the occasional cup of OJ or Simply Limeade. I just really like water. And it's nice to have a nice container for said water, without buying disposable bottles. This is a cool one with a flip-top that I currently own since I left my pink breast cancer awareness one at Meghan McGrath's Chicago birthday party last semester. The only downside to this Nalgene is the flip-top has a tendency to come unflipped in my giant purse-bag. Resulting in a drenched and subsequently broken cellular device in my case.

3. And I'll have to ditto Kayla on the last item, and since we don't have many male readers (to my knowledge), and I've already blogged about episiotomies and leaking breasts so if they keep returning I'm guessing they are OK reading about feminine-y things, I'm perfectly not embarrassed to put in an image and a review even.



Let me tell you about the Diva Cup: it's remarkably clean, comfortable, convenient, cost-effective, and environmentally-friendly. Think of all those thousands of pads and tampons you throw out every month. What a waste! We live in such a disposable world, but there are a few things we all can do to make sure we don't end up in Wall-E's world. And cost-effective too if you get over the initial investment: I paid about $25 for mine, but have not bought other such products in almost three years. When my hippie friend Kinley initially told me about it, I thought it was kind of gross and a little awkward. But now I share the knowledge with everyone, because seriously, it's awesome and so not gross. Your vagina will thank you.

4 comments:

  1. I applaud your ability to blog about feminine things without shame. I am way too embarrassed about stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got me a WICKED yeast infection after I used a diva cup for a period. I followed all of the directions and whatnot...it might just be that I am naturally higher in yeast and sugar. I wish I could use one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you referenced Wall-E. Liberal propaganda!!

    ReplyDelete