Tuesday, June 2, 2009

All I want for my baby shower is a nice little iMac

My mom asked me if I was registering for baby stuff. My mother-in-law wants me to put together a list for the baby shower we're having with Tim's relatives. You know all I really want? This.

If everyone went in on something together, maybe we'd get this. Plus, right now if you order as a college student you get a free iPod touch, something we've also been talking about buying. Reasons this is more needed than receiving blankets and just as applicable to having a child:

1. I need a computer that I can work on so I can stay-at-home (most of the time) with the baby rather than lugging up to campus to work. I have this old laptop, but the g key is missing and the DVD player is shot. Speaking of the DVD player being shot, if we had this computer we wouldn't need our TV back. Tim's parents put it in their room, and we'd be sure glad to let them have it if we got this computer.
2. I want my child to be computer (and Mac) literate. We'd be giving our child a head start on life. Because PCs... honestly... they are so 1990s.
3. I can take lots of cute baby photos and edit them on this computer. Not to mention it has a webcam, so Grammy and Poppy in South Carolina can talk to the baby too.
4. I really can't think of anymore, except that I really, really, really want it. And I usually don't want things. And I'm probably being selfish and I probably won't get it. But it's nice to dream about.


Actually, I'd be happy with a Mac Mini too. But they don't come with the free iPod touch.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cait your TV in down the basement in storage and we do have your dvd player upstairs but I think I have used it once or twice. I got a free TV from freecycle. Yahoo! Could you make a list of baby things you might need if your computer doesn't pan out?
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm buying so a food processor so you can make your own baby food. Sorry, no imac, but a very "Caitlin" gift indeed. I don't think I've ever bought a food processor as a baby gift before...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I highly recommend a mac! my family has had them since 1993 and nothing can compare.

    My sister and her husband used a little bit of her loans to get the mac...an option if the baby shower doesn't work out? Ohhh I dont know I'm just for macs

    ReplyDelete