Thursday, June 18, 2009

Little fetus Theodore

I'm a paranoid pregnant lady. Every little pain or twinge of pressure sends me into a tizzy about pre-term labor. I blame it on my sister's inadequate uterus.

The past week or so I've also been paranoid about lack of fetal movement. He moved so much in the past few months, and then for a few days he was pretty still. It probably was just returning to work and being busy and not paying attention but it freaked me out. After a few cold glasses of ice water I felt some movement, so I'm sure little Theodore is doing just great in there. It also sucks that I don't really have a midwife/doctor who knows me to call when something's weird because we're kind of in limbo due to the whole moving across the country for three months in the middle of pregnancy thing. Which may or may not have been incredibly stupid.

I love being in DC though, and this is the last opportunity we would have to live in the Barlow Center and be Washington Seminar interns sans children. Even though my internship is a tad on the intellectually unstimulating side on a daily basis, I do have the opportunity to meet a lot of powerful, incredible women. Thus far, Melanne Verveer, Swanee Hunt, and Carolina Barco have been the highlights. If you don't know who those women are, they are all three incredibly powerful, intelligent, and doing amazing things in the world. You should learn more.

3 comments:

  1. You should do a daily kick count. Do it at the same time every day and drink a glass of something cold and sugary (and preferably carbonated). Then lay down for 30 minutes and count kicks and keep track. If it goes down you should probably go do an NST.

    Lack of movement was how I knew something was wrong with Wes. I am now a serious daily kick-count advocate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you call your midwife in Utah and have her reassure you? She might know someone you can go to if you get really freaked out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayla: I'll keep the daily kick count in mind. Right now he's back to moving all the time, but if I get worried about I might do that.

    Cam: I have a midwife here, kind of, I've only seen her once but I have her number to call if anything starts being weird. I have another appointment at the birth center in a few weeks so I'm sure I'll get plenty of reassurance then as well.

    ReplyDelete