Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Life as of late

I do apologize for the severe lack of blogging. Before I lose my loyal readers (all 4 of you...) I figure I need to write a little update. The lack of blogging is due to several factors, which include, but are not limited to: Econometrics homework and MUN.

And nothing witty or interesting has really happened to me, and I do not want to make you read about my life. Boring.

But... my life is actually far from boring. I was almost beat up by a woman on drugs last night (and I actually have some nifty bruises from restraining her from beating up other women as well). I woke up this morning with no water in my apartment. I showered at the women's shelter. I'm going to New York on Friday for 9 days. Yesterday I received an internship offer at the Women's Foreign Policy Group, where I will most likely be working this summer if Amnesty International doesn't ever call me back. I heard my baby's heartbeat yesterday and told my midwife I will eat while I'm in labor if I want to. She said just don't tell her. I have an ultrasound on the 21st. I don't think we'll find out the sex. Tim and I are having an ongoing discussion about circumcision (I say no, he says he doesn't want him to get teased in the MTC). I really need to work on my econometrics research project. It's about the correlation between women's empowerment and government corruption. And... that is all. I'm sure when we get back from NYC we'll have some sweet pictures and tales. For now, I leave you with this.

9 comments:

  1. ah thanks! i am glad for the update! lol i miss hearing about your life! Your not going to find out! I could never do that i am too impatient ;) lol we find out on the 23rd! not too far after you! hope all is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the circs are more like 50/50 now. I see lots of our friends little boys (during diaper changes, I'm not a perv)and am surprised at the number of uncircs. So I think if teasing in the MTC is the only issue, it should be re-evaluted. sorry Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please have the doctor call and tell me the sex of my soon to be grandchild. I am ready to start shopping. I had to buy both a girl and a boy Christmas outfit for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell Tim that less than 60% of American boy babies are being circumcised these days. If he isn't circumcised, your baby will have plenty of company in the locker room when he grows up! I witnessed my first son's circumcision, and right then and there I vowed that no other son of mine would be circumcised. And it was so painful he was up all night every night for weeks and was jumpy at loud sounds . . . ack. So if you two go for the big C, force yourself as a matter of integrity to be present!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pray that we never have a boy because Dave and I can never agree on the circumcision thing. I tell him anyone approaching my kid with a sharp object will have their hands bitten off, and he thinks I'm kidding...
    But yeah, I agree with the rest, it's about 50/50 these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you aren't going to find out! That would drive me crazy not knowing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. On the West coast and big cities more babies are not circumcised now. In the South, Midwest, and rural areas, there are more circs, but I doubt you'll be living somewhere like that anyway.

    Don't do it. If I could do it over I'd keep both my boys uncircumcised. It wasn't traumatic for them, they didn't seem to have any pain or problems from it, but it was traumatic for me.

    Find out the sex please!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just because everyone wants me to find out the sex... I'm not. Out of principle. And what does it matter? A baby is a baby.

    ReplyDelete