Saturday, April 25, 2009

We made it.

We're in Washington DC! We finally made it. It was touch and go for a while there, mostly because I was hesitant about accepting an internship 5 months pregnant, but I did and we're here and so excited. We arrived about 3:30 yesterday afternoon, took the Metro to our lovely little dormitory. And lovely it is, because: a, it has a pull-down bed which I think is really cool; b, it feels like Helaman Halls and we all know how fun that was; c, the old interns left pillows, a comforter, towels, and we did not bring any of that and thought we were going to have to buy it; d, there's a Trader Joe's HALF A BLOCK AWAY (I'm in heaven). We live on a busy, hip street in Georgetown, near GWU. We have yet to really explore the out of doors yet, mostly we just moved in and went to Trader Joe's for delicious groceries. I'm sure there is way more cool stuff about where we live in, and I'll keep you updated.

2 comments:

  1. Helaman Halls AND Trader Joe's. Two of my favorite places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoooray DC is super fun! Congratulations on the boy!

    How exciting! Don't let people scare you about the humidity in DC...It's nothing compared to SC.

    ReplyDelete