Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Introducing....




That's right, we're having a BOY. I was so floored, yet secretly I think I knew it would be a boy. Probably because I wanted a girl so much. We weren't going to find out, but at the last minute Tim made the decision that we should. And I'm glad we did, because I think if I was set on a girl for 9 months, it would be delivery time and they would announce it was a boy and I would probably have cried or something. Now I can get used to the idea of having a boy. And figure out what you even do with a boy.

And a exhibitionist boy at that. We told the technician we didn't want to find out, so she said the whole time he was flashing his thing and she kept maneuvering to hide it. At the end when we decided, we got quite the peek, as you can tell from the picture above. I wonder if in 15 years our little Theodore (not really his name) will be embarrassed that his penis made it to the world wide web?

8 comments:

  1. Yaaaay! Boys are easy, promise.

    I have one of Wes's gender determining ultrasounds up on his blog. It's pretty much standard these days! They better get used to the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY so excited for you! it really is boy season!! We go in tomorrow we just missed each other! I am glad you found out! I think it really helps develop a great relationship with the baby, you feel closer once you know what it is

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Boys are so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congratulations! Now you can watch the hand-me downs roll in... boys are great! I love my little (nephew) boy.
    Love the fake name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, because there aren't many penises on the web.

    Can I call him Ted?

    ReplyDelete
  6. No. But maybe Teddy like on Little Women.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I really bummed I didn't get to see you guys before I had to leave town. But one Washington D.C.-esque gift from France is coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. little boys are fun...just always remember to put a wipe over him during changes.the bad aim doesn`t come until later.

    word of wisdom...recently aidan has discovered that the varnish on the crib rail actually tastes pretty good. as soon as you see him pull up, go get a cover for it. i recommend the cloth one, costs less, more durable, can be washed, and has got to be more sanitary than the yucky gummy one, which looked like it had been walked all over and then packaged up. i found the one i got at babies r us, in the aisle with all the crib bedding sets, away from all the rest that are over in the aisle with the outlet plugs and toilet covers. congratulations!!! glad you got to DC safely.

    ReplyDelete