Monday, August 24, 2009

Tomorrow morning at 7:20 am, we are flying from DC to Salt Lake. Send good "don't go into labor mid-flight" thoughts our way.

Although, in reading up on it a bit, it seems that giving birth mid-flight isn't so bad. Obviously not my choice of locations, but I've been reading successful mid-flight birth stories for inspiration.

Mexico to Chicago

Amsterdam to Bostom


London to Boston

Hong Kong to Adelaide


I feel incredibly impractical and slightly reckless getting on a plane tomorrow, but we're running out of options here and we have to get back to school. This baby was supposed to come two weeks ago, giving us plenty of time to rest and recuperate and fly out tomorrow. But... that didn't happen. So this is going to happen. And hopefully in 24 hours, we'll be hanging out at our apartment in Provo.

6 comments:

  1. If you end up on the news with your newborn baby I won't be able to say "I know her!" because I don't.... sad...

    No, really. Good luck with flying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary! Will the airline even let you on? I know some reserve the right to refuse to let you on if you look like you're about to pop.

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delta has no restrictions, I don't know if they can refuse me but luckily I don't look like I'm about to pop in the least. Unless my water breaks in front of the airline people, I think I have a pretty good chance of getting on the plane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not gonna lie: I think it would actually make for a cool birth story if you gave birth mid-flight.

    However, I still hope you make it to Provo with baby still in utero.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be sending good vibes your way. Good luck...even though I agree...it would be an awesome story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! If you go into labor mid-flight it will make a good story...

    ReplyDelete