Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Still no baby, thanks for visiting

We're trying, we promise. Or maybe we've already had it and we're just keeping it a secret. We're not. But because I'm sick of studying Arabic, I'm writing another post.

Every once in a while before we were married, I made a few attempts at a blog, none of which were succesful, in content or readership. On one blog, however, I made a promise that I feel obligated to fulfill on this blog.

Maggie Beasley and Gordon Rees are two of the finest people I know. No joke. And, fortunately enough, they have very similar personalities, so I will be able to speak about both of them at the same time. Maggie and Gordon are extremely kind people. I've never hear them say a bad word about anybody, but I have heard them condemn hypocrisy and stand up against ideas they feel to be wrong. They have great senses of humor and always laugh at my jokes, and ALWAYS get them, which is even more rare. They are super smart and make great partners, whether in the mission or in model UN. They made what could have been terrible situations (Trapiche and MUN in New York) bearable and even enjoyable. They both have very full heads of luxurious shiny hair. They both dress fashionably. They are both talented Scrabble players and they are the only two human beings on earth to have watched my copy of Troll 2 with me. Which is now available on Hulu! (That is a rare exclamation point on my part). Overall, they are great people and, in my opinion, are some of the surest bets for the Celestial Kingdom (which is an awfully silly thing to bet on), not as sure of a bet as Trace Hansen, (Gordon and Maggie are liberals after all) but still.

3 comments:

  1. They sound like fantastic people - I'm strictly basing that on the whole "Troll 2" element though. I hope you're little one comes soon! We're praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have held back when it came to the hair - now everyone knows that you've just been lying about me. Except for the fashionable dress thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of the hair compliment. And it's 110% true. You both have shiny locks.

    ReplyDelete