Sunday, August 30, 2009

Our final weeks in DC

were spent in the house of Cait's sister Lauren's house (I guess the house belongs to Christopher, her husband, too [actually they're renting it, so I guess it's whoever-they-are-renting-from's house]). We had a really good time, even if we did wear out our welcome and are very glad to have our own place again. Here's some pictures that give a little show of our trip there.

I took my neice and nephew (M. and G. for the purpose of this blog) to the Smithsonian. They were more interested in the rocks on the path leading there.

And the metro.

There's Lauren and Cait hanging out in the room we stayed in. Cait explaining her pregnancy to someone and Lauren reading a book. Fairly common, although a more common location was the front room couches.

Our supercute year-old nephew B. He was a great baby.

G. loves his computer. I showed him a game called Totem Destroyer and he bugged me for days to keep playing it.


I made cookies with the kids a few times. These were the best.


My brother-law-Ethan also came up to stay for a while.

I actually have no pictures of my brother-in-law Christopher. He was working a lot. I did go with him once to the Arlington County Fair to help him sell some performance-enhancing bracelets. I hate being a salesman, especially with things I wouldn't buy myself, but I enjoyed it more than I thought and did alright as a salesman.

Here are some good videos from the summer:



Overall, it was a fitting end to very unpredictable but enjoyable summer. Lauren was really great host and we really appreciate all the time she spent cooking for us and cleaning up after us and letting us play with her kids. We really like them all a lot.

4 comments:

  1. You just gotta love a baby kicking around. I hope Caitlin is feeling well :) And p.s. - thanks for the preggie pops. They have been saving my life the past few days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm...cookies. I'm glad you had a nice couple weeks. Good luck with that little baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really good to "let" you play with my kids so much. We'll never play Uno the same way again.

    We like you, too! :)

    ReplyDelete