Monday, August 17, 2009

Great buys

One nice thing about where we are living right now is Craigslist! There are a lot of rich young moms with a few kids, but not as many poor college student moms so there's tons of good stuff. The other day, I got 10 BumGenius one-sizes, two Fuzzi Bunz pocket diapers, three Hemparoo liners for $50! And they are a little worn but clean and definitely in usable condition. The BGs are the older version so they don't have the stretchy tabs and hidden pocket stuffer but from what I've seen they still will work great. Added to the pre-folds, the g-diapers, and the few BG I already bought, I think we might be set for a little while.

Unfortunately though, some moms can be deceitful on Craigslist and that's just messed up. Like I bought a Moby wrap and paid for it, but then realized it actually wasn't a Moby wrap but a Baby K'tan wrap, which would be cool because they are nice too. However, it's a size large, and it's way too big for either of us to use. I told the mom this but she wouldn't give the money back. LAME-O. But then I found a brand-new moss-colored Moby wrap for $20 and bought it and it's wonderful. So I can't complain. But if anyone could use a size large Baby K'tan wrap, it's yours for the taking.

Note: We're thinking about having a baby blog (not unlike Kayla and her two blogs). For one, I'm skeptical about putting up baby pictures, my baby's name, etc. when we get a lot of traffic from random people wwho google things like "breast milk drinking fetishes". Also, Tim also doesn't want our blog to turn into one of those "and our baby rolled over today!" And there is nothing wrong with those, but that wasn't our idea behind creating a blog. We want to voice our opinions and stimulate discussion and have a forum for our ideas outside of our little apartment or circle of friends. But if we had a separate baby blog, it would be for relatives and people who care to see our baby and it'd be private, but we'd have this one un-private and it'd be more our rants and such. I just don't want to go completely private because most private blogs kind of annoy me but I've realized that with a baby things change.

5 comments:

  1. Those are Great buy on the Moby wrap and diapers. I love wraps and BG (although I don't think the fit a newborn that great, the one I have has been excellent from about 3-4 months on and fits especially well right now). Good luck with everything with the baby. All of the labor on and off would be difficult to deal with. I am excited to see how the birth goes for you and am praying that you have the wonderful birth you are working for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you'll have to tell me how you like the BG... my little guy is allergic to the gDiapers i use and so i am going all cloth (after a paycheck)... the whole private thing is annoying but when it came to baby... i thought random people seeing everything was kinda creepy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so all about having a separate baby blog. Wes's blog totally became a "this is what we did today!" journal type blog which is so boring unless you're a close friend or a grandma and the other blog is still all me. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree on the baby blog thing. Except for... I don't have a baby blog. I just agree that your blog shouldn't become the baby blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, separate baby blog! I will be checking both regularly. :)

    ReplyDelete