Monday, December 15, 2008

A relationship of trust

I've developed a relationship of trust with my phone, and I couldn't be happier. My phone is a flat phone, no flip, no twist, no nonsense (see the picture). But that means the keys are exposed. I thought, when I got the phone that meant that I would just have to put up with the keyguard that came up after 5 seconds making it frustrating to work on put protecting me from unnecessary calls. But last night I decided to show some trust in my phone. I gave it it's own pocket in my pants, the right front one if you were wondering. I don't carry many things in my pants as a matter of principle, so giving it its own pocket wasn't that big of a deal. And in response my phone has shown the highest sense of responsibility and cooperation, not dialing a single wrong number or even typing in one key that I didn't type in myself. I think there is a lesson to be learned here, but I'll let you figure it out for yourself. (That's my phone there in the picture, being stolen? or maybe snuck into a pocket? I'm not sure, but I think the story of it adds to the post)

1 comment:

  1. So I think I've put my finger on the intended lesson. On a closely related note, do you think we could make money selling single origin popcorn kernels? We could have Iowa popcorn, Illinois popcorn, Kentucky popcorn, even South Dakota popcorn. And we'd actually just get a bunch of yellow popcorn and white popcorn and blend it in different proportions and repackage it in a fancy gift box, including a clever popcorn themed too/from card. On a closely related note, when are we going to watch Trolls 2?

    ReplyDelete