Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas-time. Finally here.

Finals ended today!! Hooray! Mine was early this morning, so I woke up and took the bus at 7 am. It was dumping buckets of snow, which I usually hate, but today it just felt perfect because I remembered the months of good weather we were allotted this year, so now I will embrace the snowy weather. Tim likes it, so I think I'll start liking it as well. I came home after my final and took a little nap and cleaned up the atrocious apartment (weeks of finals=no cleaning for us!) I walked to the Sunflower farmer's market around 4 and bought items for dinner (parsnips, carrots, swiss chard, red potatoes, lima beans, thyme, vegetable broth.... makes for a GREAT stew). It's all cooking up now and smells absolutely divine. We have a little conundrum in our household: I eat super healthy, pretty low-fat food because otherwise I would have skyrocket cholesterol and a pretty rounded belly, and besides I LOVE veggies and don't particularly care for many other foods. Husband, on the other hand, is ridiculously skinny and eats as many calories as he can hold to keep from wasting away. So, we're stuck in this limbo of how we cook/how we need to eat and have yet to find a delicate balance. Tim usually eats whatever I eat, then adds cheese/butter/cup of noodles for a little extra fat. One day, we'll find a perfect compromise. Maybe my metabolism will miraculously speed up after I have a baby. Yeah, right.

Now, I'm just sitting in bed, practicing my Spanish, and listening to the stew simmer. Waiting for my wonderful husband to finish his final already and come home to our little haven. Then we'll watch our Netflix movie (we have Once and Into the Wild). Both look profound. The snow continues to fall. Christmas is in a week. Life=blissful.

4 comments:

  1. I love a snuggly night at home with STEW and NOOOOO studying :)

    Please tell me what you thought about Into the Wild, especially Kristen Stewart's performance. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once is at the top of my queue..I'm excited! I loooove Falling Slowly. It pretty much convinced me to watch the movie. That the their cute performance at the Oscars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh into the wild is SO good!! We loved it!! What did you think of it?? I need to get net flix back, so many great movies i just never watch anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once= Best movie ever.


    I loved living in Dublin and I pretty much cry every time I watch the movie.

    ReplyDelete