Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Our adopted family

For Christmas this year, we decided to adopt a family from the International Rescue Committee to buy presents for them instead of each other and our families. I am so excited about the family they gave us-- they are Burmese refugees with a 3-month-old baby girl. I have an excuse to buy baby things! I am deliriously happy. And we get to help a family in desperate need who just arrived to the US four months ago. I hope that our little contribution will help.

We are also adopting a Utah County child as well, but have not been assigned yet. I have been needing to do something good in the community recently. There are so many people in need and I couldn't be happier to help.

2 comments:

  1. oh you are so good!!!!! Good work! We told our families they were getting nothing this year too lol, but we are going to use it to pay off debt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! What a wonderful way to celebrate Christmas. I wish we were all so selfless.

    ReplyDelete