Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Do you ever wake up in the morning and realize that your life has happened and you did not even realize what was going on at the time but then you look around and think and it all sinks in? That happens to me at least once a week. Sometimes, I wake up and look over and there is a boy in my bed and a little tiny part of me freaks out until I quizzically peer up at the wall and see our wedding picture and then I quickly recall that he isn't a boy he's my husband and it's totally appropriate that he is in my bed. I still find it hard to comprehend how much my life has been altered in six short months. That long ago, Tim was not even a figment of my imagination, let alone my husband who I will be with for eternity (and how freakishly long is that!?) My life happens to me like this though. I wake up one morning and it all hits me and sinks in. Nothing ever occurs to me while it is occurring--it always takes some time to become reality for me. I am so afraid that I will be one of those highly-motivated and intelligent college women who wakes up in 15 years and is a desperate, suburban housewife who is without an idea about why or how she ended up where she did but just knows she is not happy. I tell Tim on a regular basis to not let me end up somewhere in my life just because I am lazy or complacent or seeking an easy way. There are so many goals and aspirations and dreams wrapped up in this convoluted brain of mine that I want and NEED to accomplish. But I am certain of the need to take the time to counsel with my Heavenly Father and think things over thoroughly and live my life a little more deliberately.

2 comments:

  1. THAT IS MY WORST FEAR TOO ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. but it somehow seems so inevitable. i think i am slowly resigning to the under-appreciated suburban housewife fate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are anything like me, you won't be a housewife, you would go too insane with nothing to do.

    There are only so many ways to rearrange a room or so many crafts you can do.

    I knew a lady that is wicked smart, but literally her job was to redecorate every room in their house probably 3 times a year. Decorating is fun, but oh man.

    I'll probably live in a suburban jungle, but I will definitely have an awesome job. At least I hope to!

    If I had it my way I would live in a precious house in the woods with a stream and a yard, with a little bit of a hill so everyone can sled on it.

    ReplyDelete