Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Nutcracker review

On Saturday night, we went to the Nutcracker put on by the Utah Regional Ballet company in Provo. We were in the balcony but the seats were decent. The company was... young. Very young. I never realized how incredible Carolina Ballet's production of the Nutcracker was until I went to others. This was only my second other, but neither matched Carolina Ballet's. The costumes were all pale pink. Clara had about 24 solos of just her dancing (boring!). The battle scene was disappointingly anti-climatic. The dancers were very talented. The snow scene was beautiful. But the choreography was lacking. Too much boureeing(I don't know how to spell that) and walking and standing and not enough real dancing. But I was there with Tim and I loved it because I love him and being with him and sitting next to him and holding his hand and knowing I would be going home with him. It's a lovely feeling.

A pictography of the night:



1 comment: