Monday, August 22, 2011

Birthday Review

So, here's the story of yesterday. I wanted to get some pictures, but they are few.

The morning started with picking up some early birthday presents for Theo (and thus for me, because him playing on his own is a good thing) from a garage sale we knew would be good. The best purchase, along with some lamps and some paintings from another garage sale, was this small kitchen, which we knew from previous Theo experience, he would love, and he does.



The Picture and the Lamp

Then we went to The Awful Waffle for breakfast. It was good, but the portions were smaller than you would think for $3.50 to $4.00. I mean, they're waffles, you can afford to make them big. But still, good.



Then home for cleaning and naps and waiting for my sister Charity to show up to watch Theo. We drove into Salt Lake, picked up a sweet traveling crib for Theo now and Leroy (my blog name for the new baby) later. Then to REI for my new Vibram Five Finger Speeds, which were a present from my mom. They deserve their own post, but suffice it to say, I don't think I'll be buying any other running shoes for a very long time.

We looked around REI for a while, drove to Costco and bought food and then came home to eat.

I went on a good 8 mile run, the first little bit with Theo. The run lasted until almost 11, and I really felt like I was running into a whole new year of living. Hopefully I'll keep running.

Yesterday:
Church in the morning. Disgruntled in the gender unequal marriage class. No nap for Theo in the afternoon. Playing and watching shows. Theo went down early, so we adults had a rare evening together. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment