Sunday, August 21, 2011

The 5k Without a Name

I ran a 5k on the 13th and it went smashingly. It was for employees of Utah County (Cait) and their families (me and Theo). Cait was much to sick to run, but I put Theo in stroller and took off. It was a little loop course down center street and around the state hospital. I accidentally left the brake on the first mile, but it hardly does anything. I ran in the lead and alone almost the whole race and ended in first in 18:55, which is a little slower than I would have liked (my stroller PR is 18:30), but that's okay. I don't think I have too much speed after marathon training. I won $25 to sports authority (I went to buy shoes but they didn't have any good ones) and it was the first race I've been in where only the top 3 guys get prizes and not the top 3 women. Tough for them.

Here's a picture on the podium with the third place guy:

Also, I like to imagine that Theo just spin on that kid's face, although that didn't happen


Yesterday:

We did all sorts of birthday things for me (and many other non-birthday things) which shall be the subject of another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment