Monday, September 20, 2010

I give up

Do you ever want to just walk away from life? Just walk out your front door and come back in, oh, 5 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days? Ok. Maybe it's just me.

This evening I'm especially feeling that.

The past few weeks have brought with them a nasty cold for Theodore, stomach viruses for the three of us, a constant fever, molars breaking through, and now herpes simplex for the guy. Have you ever seen a baby with herpes? It's got to be one of the worst and saddest things ever. He has been constantly crying, won't sleep longer than 10 minutes, and nurses when he's not crying or sleeping (which is scary, because I risk getting "very painful" lesions). We started an antiviral tonight (thank you, Medicaid lady on the phone, for handling our case for us. you were my godsend today when I feared we had no insurance to take our sick child to the pediatrician). Now, we're in survival mode until this thing passes. Meaning, no fancy anniversary dinner around these parts. We had tuna fish sandwiches on old hamburger buns. Yum.

I'm exhausted.

I need a break.

3 comments:

  1. Poor baby! Hang in there, Cait. No matter how rough it gets, it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two years ago our anniversary consisted of me, eight months pregnant sitting in a super sized server cage from 3-5am where there were no chairs and the baby in my belly was freaking out about all the noise and punishing me accordingly because David had to fix a production server that was costing a company millions every hour it was down.... not sure why this would help you other than to say: it hardly matters where you spend your anniversary. The next year we spent at a ranch in Southern Utah but the first one makes for a better story :)

    ReplyDelete