Monday, July 26, 2010

Simplyifying our life: Step 1

Cait and I have both been focusing on simplifying our lives inspired by this site which we came to in a roundabout way from our friend Maren's site. Inspired by a post at zen habits about wet shaving, I decided to give it a try. (Sorry for anyone offended by chest hair or skinny men)


What wet shaving means is going back to a brush and a razor. I'm not bold enough to do a straight edge, so I use what is called a double edge, which consists of two bendy double-edged razor blades bent into a metal apparatus that bends the blades so that they are at an angle to my face.




So far it has turned out really nice. My shave is really smooth. I have a LOT less irritation. Other benefits include:
1. Cheaper: Especially buying all my stuff in Egypt, I spent 15 pounds, or 3 dollars for everything, including ten extra blades. I might stock up on blades here, but I'll have to buy cream in the states and maybe a good brush, because the one I got here isn't very nice. No matter what, it will be cheaper than those rip-off Mach 3 blades.
2. Environmentally friendly: Metal and cream that doesn't come from a spray can are the only by-products.
3. Cooler: I feel like I have more indie shaving cred using an actual razor.

No comments:

Post a Comment