Friday, July 23, 2010

Our creepy stalker

Ok, so maybe he's actually not creepy. Or really a stalker. But it feels like that. We have a friend, we call him Said for privacy... and by friend, I mean there is this guy who knocked on our door one day looking for a doctor. And by knocked I mean rang the doorbell multiple times.

He was looking for a doctor, then thought it'd be cool to be our friend. He came back... and came back... and came back. Every night, at approximately 10 or 11, he rings the doorbell, over and over and over again. Waking us up, forcing us to get out of bed to answer because he just. won't. go. away.

Finally, I had my last straw when I went to get the door one night when Tim was rocking a screaming baby. He came up closer to me and asked me my name all flirty-like and then blew me kisses when I told him my name was Fatma. Could he not HEAR my SCREAMING child in the background?! Sorry, buddy, NOT interested.

After this little incident, Tim and I felt like something was weird with this situation. He was coming by repeatedly, asking for our roommate Alex, who actually was never home (he is always out late), and it seemed like the one time Alex was home he just asked to do work on our apartment and Alex told him no thanks. You would think after that he would have left us alone... but no. I was worried he was trying to get me alone and then attack me. Probably not, but I watch too much Law and Order: SVU.

So finally, two nights ago (the night after the air-kissing incident) Tim told him firmly that we are busy and don't want to be his friend. And last night, voila! He didn't come by! Hopefully we've gotten rid of him for good. Tim also used his impressive Arabic skills to tape a note over the doorbell telling people not to use it because there are sleeping babies in the house. Because, forreal, Egyptian-man-who-is-lost-and-needs-to-find-the-apartment-of-a-friend.... do you REALLY need to ring my doorbell 18 more times after I haven't answered it after the first 12??

2 comments:

  1. yeah, tiny bit. There was a guy like that that always used to come around our apartment. Hopefully, you are rid of him. At least you will be home soon.

    ReplyDelete