Saturday, July 17, 2010

I love my kids; I hate my life

Interesting little spiel from the Today show.

I definitely don't feel this way. I, in fact, love my life more than I've ever loved life. Motherhood, as I've mentioned before, is an incredible challenge for me, more so than I thought possible. But at the same time I feel more fulfilled and more complete than ever before too. I do understand the pressures that society is placing on moms today (placed on them mostly by other moms): to have their babies milestoning before all the other babies; the crazy sleeping-through-the-night phenomenon; babies needing the latest and hottest and more fashionable crib/carseat/swing/bouncer/stroller/bassinet/packnplay/highchair/etc.etc.

I'm totally guilty of both comparing Amir to other babies and myself to other mothers (and obsessing over sleeping-through-the-night but I actually am totally fine with him waking up to nurse and I rarely feel that tired so why even THINK about it!?), but after watching this and coming to the realization I myself am not perfect and neither is my child but we are both doing the best we can, I've made a firm resolution to get over it.

1 comment:

  1. I love my kid, but she's not my life. If she was my whole life... I suspect I'd be singing a different tune.

    ReplyDelete