Monday, October 26, 2009

NaNoWriMo

I've participated in National Novel Writing Month twice in the last 5 years. Here's the wiki and the official page. Basically it's trying to write a 50,000 word novel in the month of November. I've got my homework under control so I am going to try it again. It's my secret ambition to become a writer but I am out of the habit of consistently writing so I think this will be a good chance to get back in the groove.

I'm writing this here so you'll support me in my efforts, but more to see if anyone wants to give me any ideas and even give anyone who wants to the chance to be a character in my book. I don't plan on this being a serious attempt but rather a good exercise, so anything you suggest to me will almost certainly be in there unless it is morally objectionable (I'm looking at you Gordon). I also promise not to make fun of any actual person or put them into morally objectionable situations. So let me know i you want to be in my book and what you would like to be or do. Trust me, this is not an opportunity to be missed. A disclaimer: there is a very real possibility that this book will not be written if I find that I do not have time for it.

4 comments:

  1. I would be a boring character, but I want to read your other novels, at least the top two good ones. It would be could if I could find a way I could access those. My boyfriend(s) (past and current), on the other hand, you should use them as characters...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, all my ideas are DOA, I guess. Unless you wanted to... no that one's out too... Dang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim, I don't know what type of stuff you are interested in, but Cait's dad wrote a book called The Triplet's Big Switch. My son read it, and so have a lot of other kids and have loved it. He had to self publish, which is crazy, because every kid that I know that has read it wants to know when more are coming. When Justin asked Les that, he said someone else would have to carry on the tradition. Just a thought, if not for this project, maybe future ones. I am sure Cait would enjoy that too, ask her about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My life is insane, you could use me as a character...

    ReplyDelete