Saturday, September 5, 2009

Fertility Party

Last Sunday was our fertility party, jointly hosted by Gordon and Austin.

The decorations:



Creepy baby dolls, courtesy of Tim's mom. There was even was a little baby boy doll, that I kid you not, had been circumcised by its previous owner. Awkward.

The people:

Me, looking very pregnant, Shelley, and Melissa.

The corner representing the relatives. Notice how they look entirely uninterested.

The old roommates (Katy, Becca, Ashley) and the old high school friends (Jake).

The gifts:


A book of awkward, innuendo-filled nursery rhymes from Gordo.

A onesie that Becca made which matches the shirt she gave me for Christmas two years ago. It has a Buddhist monk, a preacher, an imam, and a rabbi all holding hands and jumping together. It's called "BFF"

The green onesie and sweater vests are DI finds of Katy's... awesome.

The adorable little shoes are homemade by Melissa. Her baby Annabelle wears them a lot and I kept thinking how they are so cute and functional. They won't fit until next summer, but will be perfect when he's walking.

And finally: Shelley's homemade cloth "blocks." This pattern is the Salt Lake temple. They are the only toys our baby needs.

Ok, by far, best presents I've ever received. We also got a few blankets, cool National Geographic posters, and cash. I loved the idea that everything had to be used/homemade. Our friends know us so well.


I wish I had a picture of the food. It was yummy-- homemade salsa from the garden and organic brownies, ice cream, and homemade chocolate sauce. Mmmm.

And there was much belly touching. I love belly touching.


3 comments:

  1. Wow, you are so nice to let people touch your belly. I was like, "TOUCH MY BELLY AND DIE" and that included my poor husband. And my grandmother who came to visit halfway through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got a flattering photo of me in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, I want to touch your belly. I love belly touching too.

    ReplyDelete