Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Birthing

Nope, haven't done it yet. But soon, I anticipate. We are about 8 days away from our "official" due date/birth time of September 10th and I'm starting to feel the pressure (haha, no pun intended).

Now that I'm back in my groove of school and everything, having a baby seems terribly inconvenient. It'd be nice if we could wait until you know, Thanksgiving break or something when we can have time to relax. Now I'm going to have a baby, spend a night in the hospital, and run back to school the next day. Or that's what I'm planning, and it's probably incredibly unrealistic. But if there's one thing I hate, it's missing class. I wish I could have time to just settle in with my baby for a few weeks in our nice dark secluded bedroom, but that's just not in the cards for the moment. If the darn thing had come during those very un-busy days at Lauren's... that would've been nice. But I guess he wanted to get nice and plump, and that's ok with me.

Luckily I'm only taking a few classes, and so I'd only have to run off to school for about an hour a day. I don't know why I'm worrying about it. I think Friday night I'm going to start a castor oil regime. A baby over the weekend would be great, especially since we have Monday off. Enough of the planning when to birth. I hate the idea, but now I can understand a little bit about planned inductions.

6 comments:

  1. The way you word your baby's timing and birth, " terribly inconvenient" scares me, because their timeline is the priority, not ours. I don't mean to get defensive, but I have done the going to school during most of my pregnancy up until 6.5 months and it was tough on me and stressed the baby. My feelings would be if you can, take the next terms off because you NEED that time for your family! One hour a day does seem realistic, but the first two months are a big change. Ask any mama or dado.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caitlin, I had my baby at 3am and I was going home at 8am. When I got there, I was wishing for something to do, so I took her grocery shopping... that adrenaline rush was incredible. It could happen... (but it's not typical)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sofia: I KNOW, I KNOW. And I hate myself for it. After I wrote this post I almost deleted it because I hated what I was saying. I wish I could just relax and let him come but being in labor for a month and having tons of contractions and having the baby's head sit right on your nerves and produce shooting pains all through your pelvic region and down your legs, it sucks. And I would postpone school, but unfortunately my scholarship can't be deferred and I need to keep my job which requires taking at least 6 credit hours or this baby won't have a place to live.

    Cam: That's awesome. But very not typical. I'm hoping with a natural birth I'll heal faster. My midwife today told me I was crazy for even thinking about going to school this semester, and that I would basically bleed for years and get an infection and make myself sick. I'm not going to be running marathons, just taking two classes for one little measly hour a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to walk from the bus stop at the Wilk to the testing center when Megan was about a week old to take my New Testament exam so I could graduate. It was painful. But everyone is different. You'll have to see how YOU feel after giving birth, engorged breasts, sleep deprivation, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm rooting for Labor Day. But, maybe I should be rooting for the tomorrow afternoon so you could utilize the Labor Day weekend break. Hmmm...

    Maybe I should just widh for you a fast,easy labor and a good baby.

    ReplyDelete