Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Target Happs

So, I've been trying to be as positive about my job as possible. It's not that bad, really, but it wears on me a little. So things like the following keep me entertained.


First off this is just a stupid product overall. Do you really need a leash for your child? What kind of message is that sending? Responsability, zilch, captivity, all you've got.

But the real funny part are the pictures. The subtle and very real threat is that if you don't use this product, you wont have a nice white boy, but, horrors of horrors, a little BLACK GIRL! Avoid undersirable offspring with the Eddie Bauer Harness Buddy, because some risks just aren't worth it.


Another product that gives me the chuckles. There are is no actual chicken in this product, except for a little chicken meal (which is what?) but not organic or free range. So what they're saying is that while there is actually no natural free range chicken in this product, but the chicken that your cat tastes is going to taste like its a free range chicken, and not a cooped up diseased chicken, where the actual chicken comes from. But as long as you call it natural, you can charge a buck more for it. So there it is.

It was a long weekend, without a lot of sleep and I started making the mistake of mixing up my replies to thank you: "You're welcome" and "No problem" into an unfortunate problem of "Your problem." I would feel like an idiot every time I said it, but then I would forget and say it again. It would have been funny if you were a small angel on my shoulder.

That's Target.

7 comments:

  1. That last part really made me lol, but that may because it's almost midnight. I just have to comment that if you do bring a 1 1/2 year old to the Smithsonian museum that monkey leash thing can become your lifesaver, until she gets tired of it and ends up succumbing to the stroller. The little black girl part is rather amusing, but not at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol not going to lie i swore i would never get a leash until my daughter became a toddler, and would rather run around then be pushed in a stroller....sometimes they wont listen so its nice to have...the whole picture thing is funny though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I imagine my tune might change once I have an uncontrolable child, but I will definitely go into it with some strong prejudices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a leash for Megan for the airport, but she was too smart for it. Whenever I put it on her, she would just sit down in protest. I'd have to take it off before she would walk again, and eventually she'd escape. I did actually lose her in the airport once, for about 30 seconds. Terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a leash, and then it really didn't matter because it was just a wrist thing and I knew how to take it off.


    I once had an entire department store closed down to look for me because I was hiding in the bottom of a huge crate of teddy bears, my mom was hysterical.
    I also took a Kitty Surprise from KB toys to show my mom what I would like for my birthday, needless to say I didn't get the kitty surprise and I was not allowed to go to the mall for a long time, and no dessert.

    So my mom came up with the three pieces of paper rule. It was my job to hold them, if I lost one I was out of luck and if i acted out I had to give my mom one, if all three were gone by the end of the trip, then I probably couldn't go outside or something, most likely, no dessert. - probably the reason why I prefer savory over sugary to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought the same thing about the leash until I had my second boy. So, I bought a leash, only to learn I really didn't need a leash, but handcuffs and a straightjacket instead. However, they didn't sell straightjackets that small, so with my third I use an ergo. everywhere. and LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I were going to get a leash, I'd get a super long one, but spring loaded. So I could let my kid run like twenty feet away from me, right up to the edge of the candy, and with a press of my thumb they'd come sprawling back across the floor. That would be my type of leash.

    ReplyDelete