Thursday, July 2, 2009

I heard it at Target

I was cashering the other day when a man in a wheelchair came up to the register. I hesitate to tell this story because the man was disabled, but his disability had nothing to do with how out of hand it was, so I continue. He placed a single, normal-person sized Coke on the belt (32 ounces maybe? I don't buy many drinks) and waited for me to ring up (I originally wrote "wring up." sometimes I dream) the person in front of him. When it came time for him to pay, he handed me a 9 dollar bill with a picture of President Obama on it. When I wouldn't take it he accused me of being a racist. That's the first time I've been accused of being a racist. I assume it would come at some point, but I didn't think it would come like that. And then he asked me to double bag his Coke. People here are crazy about their double bagging. Target bags are tough people. There is nothing dense enough that we sell in the store that would wrip one of those bags. But keep asking, because you are always right.

There was also a really funny comment a mother made to her daughter about her daughter liking pooh. It was funny. What she meant was that her daughter like Winnie the Pooh. But I can't remember how it went. Crap.

1 comment:

  1. You should submit that to Not Always Right!

    http://notalwaysright.com/

    ReplyDelete