Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Running isn't just for fat people and anorexics

I haven't been running with an astounding amount of consistency this summer, but even though I haven't been running as much, I've started noticing a trend. People out here in DC are a lot more willing to quiz me about why I run. Some examples:

"Running? Why? You're so skinny."
"Don't you know that if you keep running like that you'll blow away?"

These statements show an astounding amount of what I like to call "Motivation Based Bias" or MoBeB. The lower case letters aren't actually part of the acronym, but just help to round it out. I do realize that I'm skinny and that losing weight is not a reasonable nor safe goal for me. That's not the reason I run though. I run because it makes me feel good, gives me time to think, and keeps my life balanced. I have no problem with fat people running and I don't want to add to the problems of anorexics, I just want everyone (because everyone who's anyone reads this blog) to know: Running is for everybody. Except for people without legs. Sorry guys. Unless they still have upper legs and can get a prosthetic, which I'm all for.

And....my wife is one good looking pregnant lady. And inspiring in her labors. That's the end.

Here's a cute squirell video, because, come on. This post was lame.

1 comment:

  1. Nice video. I like the running commentary, just in case you need the extra help understanding what's going on.

    There's a chipmunk that lives in our front yard who exhibits similar behavior.

    ReplyDelete