Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Baptism

I went to the baptism of Devany's boyfriend Jeff. It was really good. A ton of people showed up. And all I got was this stupid photo:


Actually, it's not that bad of a picture. That's what I look like most of the time anyway. I haven't been to a baptism in a while and I forgot how much I like them.

Two of the speakers (who were both in the Bishopric) talked about their conversions and baptisms. I was baptized when I was eight, so I don't much remember my baptism. But I thought I'd just take a second to say that, looking back on my life, I've come to see that the commitment I made that day has reached out to touch many parts of my life. Christ has been my dearest friend and closest confidant. Sorry Cait, you are a very close and beloved second, with everyone paling in comparison. I feel like Jimmy Stewart in Mr. Kruegar's Christmas when he travels back to the manger, in this clip from 17:16 to 21:15. Sorry I couldn't find a clip where it was isolated.

No comments:

Post a Comment