Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Happs

I wanted to start this blog post by saying just how much I love my wife. She makes me happy very deep inside.

I cooked this on Thursday:



1/4 cup olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon white sugar
4 zucchini, chopped
1 cup chopped fresh dill weed
1/4 cup uncooked long grain white rice
1/2 cup water
salt and pepper to taste

2 cups plain yogurt
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt

Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir the onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the sugar, then add the chopped zucchini, dill, and rice. Cook and stir until the zucchini is softened, about 5 minutes. Pour in the water, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer the mixture until the rice is cooked, about 20 minutes. Turn off the heat, and let the mixture cool to lukewarm.
Make a sauce by mixing the yogurt, garlic, and salt in a bowl. Serve over the lukewarm zucchini and rice.

And Cait made up this Salad:


Arugula
Walnuts
Tomatoes
Raspberry and gorganzola Dressing
Onions

It was overall pretty good. I would have done a few things different. I used less onion than it called for, but it probably needed a whole onion. I also didn't get the rice cooked completely. I still enjoyed it and Cait "thought it was delicious. Absolutely stinking delicious." If you want to try it, get some good bread to go with it.

We were walking around town the other day and all these fireworks went off.



So we sat down and watched:


For some reason we felt rather patriotic.

Wendy recommended this, it's hilarious.

Now I've got to go. It's lovins time.

3 comments:

  1. I am so trying that recipe tonight! Thanks for idea and thanks for the plug! Buffy rules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I must say, I just found your blog from facebook and I LOVE IT!!! I love reading about all the things that are so important to me. It's like a breath of fresh air knowing someone I am related to feels the same way about parenting, home birth, yummy healthy food, the environment, and lots of other good stuff. Thanks! It is great to hear about what you are doing. We should totally hang out when you get back. Tim, what a great woman you married, good work!
    -Janice

    ReplyDelete