Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm 10 1/2 weeks. I'm wearing maternity pants. You know what? I'm ok with this. These pants are really comfy. And they were free (thanks Lauren!)

I bought a stroller off KSL. It was only $20. I also bought a really, really cute diaper bag. I got it on sale though, a "second", for only $29. It's made out of recycled bottles. I like that in a diaper bag. Normally I don't buy things until the last minute (think: scrambling for a prom dress two hours before my friend Byrd was supposed to pick me up. I ended up in a pair of fancy black capris instead). But I'm kind of itching to already get baby-ready. Which is silly because we'll be moving twice before we actually have the baby. But baby-bargain-buying (thank you Shay for assisting me with this!) off of Craig's List and KSL is kind of therapeutic in my crazy school lifestyle. It's nice to take some time, look around, and think about what is happening in just seven short months. I'm getting more and more excited to be a mom.

4 comments:

  1. It's so fun to plan for your baby! And don't worry - there will be PLENTY of last-minute things to get, so you might as well enjoy your leisure prep time now. Is your medicine working with the nausea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey one place you should look for cheap good deals is babysteals.com they have a different "steal" each day...sometimes they are still really expensive but other times they have pretty good deals :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The showing early thing happens a lot..you'll probably shrink again in the next few weeks. I was wearing maternity pants for a while and then suddenly they didn't fit anymore and I was back in my regular pants. I read somewhere that it has something to do with fluid retention, I think.

    http://themoncursbaby.blogspot.com/2007/09/by-all-accounts-it-doesnt-make-any.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in maternity pants at 6 weeks. I woke up, tried to put on a pair of pants and I couldn't button them. Tried on another pair, same thing. I progressed through my wardrobe and became more and more frantic. I called my mom and told her it was an emergency and then I cried! If your hips haven't expanded too much and you can still wear your pants but just not button them, then you still have some options. First, a belly band, it's just a stretchy band that you put over the top of your pants. It acts like the stretchy part on maternity pants. You can buy one at Motherhood Maternity or online. Two, rubberbands! Loop it around the button, through the button hole, and then back around the button. This only works if your pants still kind of fit. Mine didn't! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete