Thursday, March 24, 2011

'Thon Thursday

So I had a really great weekend, with a good tempo run on Friday and a great 18 miler on Saturday. My goal was to average under 8 minute miles and I ended up at 7:53, which made me quite happy. It was a beautiful run coming down out of Provo canyon and following the Provo river trail. My foot started hurting me at mile 16, but I finished. It ended up being hurt worse than I thought, probably a strain of one of the muscles, so I've taken it easy this week, and though there is still a slight twinge, I feel like its finally better. It is 9:00 at night and I am debating going for some laps around the gym, but I might just give my foot one more day off. It was a traumatic day, with Theo going in for surgery and me presenting my capstone paper for middle east studies (I'll post about that later). So going to bed early might be in order. I've signed up for a 5k up Provo canyon this weekend and I would like to see how well I can do with some rest, as opposed to the one I ran a few weeks ago coming off of a hard week of training. It should be a fund day in the park, either way. If anyone wants to come join us, it should be fun (and relatively easy) 5k.

I was going to post my training chart, but it does something weird to the HTML of the blog, so I'll just start linking to it here.

Also, I've started running in my five fingers. Because of the pain in my foot, I haven't given them a good run, but I've been walking in them a ton, and in addition to seeming to help my foot, they are all sorts of comfortable and a great conversation piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment