Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sometimes I feel like giving up on the crusade, but then I am redeemed

How can a Labor and Delivery nurse stand in front of a roomful of expectant mothers and claim an epidural is "totally safe for mother and baby"? And tell a group of impressionable women that Pitocin is like God's gift to laboring women?

But, if I can just say one thing: Linda Peterson is officially my friend. She gave a breath-taking speech on natural birth that left me in tears and beaming at the same time. You go girl.


2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty disappointed about this blog. I was expecting something way better. Also, that a labor and delivery nurse just decided her labor wasn't going fast enough so she wanted pitocin. And yes. Linda has me convinced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, there is so much more to say. But alas...

    ReplyDelete