Friday, October 1, 2010

Working

Working is SO MUCH easier than being at home full-time. I love working. I love the cubicle and the lunch breaks and the sitting in a cushy office chair all day answering phone calls. Maybe my job is particularly easy, but I really forgot how enjoyable this is compared to chasing around an incredibly energetic toddler all day and doing damage control. I miss the guy when I'm at work, but 32 hours a week is not that bad. It'd be a lot easier if Tim was not up to his elbows in schoolwork while balancing the stay-at-home daddyness, but he's doing a great job and I appreciate his letting me work. Because seriously, I forgot how easy and rewarding it is. And I haven't even gotten my first paycheck yet. Mmmmm, financial security. How I missed thee!

I know I should feel guilty for not being a stay-at-home mom anymore, but I don't. The only guilt I feel is that now Tim has extra pressure and work with doing schoolwork and not having me around full-time to take care of the guy and cook him lunch and such. But probably worth it for financial independence and health insurance.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your better then me I think its a million time easier to be a stay at home mommy! while I dont mind working i find it much less stressfull to be at home all day :) working for me, at least, means doing almost all the same amounts of stuff at home in much less time!
    I am glad you like it and the job, you do have a pretty great co-worker :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I know I should feel guilty for not being a stay-at-home mom anymore, but I don't."

    NO YOU SHOULDN'T.

    I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete