Thursday, October 14, 2010

Double majoring

I am halfway through my first semester as a double major and am having a great time. Arabic was great but extremely taxing. First, I was never that great at it. Second, the program was extremly rigorous. That was, however, exactly what I was looking for in my college education: studying something I wouldn`t have otherwise studied otherwise. The degree also included plent of other subjects such as history, politics and religion. But now, with comparative literature, it`s nice to be doing something I am good at. I am no genius, but I am a lot better at talking abiut books than talking in Arabic.

I am hoping that I have left behind the period of my life where I am guided by "what would be hardest" and onto an easier, simpler path.

No comments:

Post a Comment