A month into our adventure in Egypt I have many thoughts concerning the experience. I will record a few here.
Egypt is similar to Argentina:
1. Very structured days (2-7 hours of class, 2 hours of newspaper reading, 2 hours of speaking, 1 hour of other homework and the rest of the day with the family).
2. Environs (slow paced, kind of dirty, religious, full of personality and firmly third world)
3. Intensity (time moves by super fast and super slow, I fall asleep very easy)
4. Mixed emotions (feeling great to feeling like a failure,)
5. A reliance on the Spirit
6. Deep down, I really love both places
Other differences include:
1. Having a family here.
2. Not being sure if I'm really supposed to be here.
3. Having access to the internet.
4. Being 5 years older.
5. How crowded Egypt is.
6. Having a family here.