Saturday, November 29, 2008

Wedding Presents


On a whim, while we were preparing for our wedding, Caitlin and I decided to send a wedding invitation to Orson Scott Card. I've been reading his books for a long time and still haven't found one that I didn't really enjoy, and Cait has read a few and enjoyed them. We were having our reception in South Carolina and he lives in North Carolina, so we looked up his address and sent him an invite. He didn't show up, but that wasn't too much of a surprise. Our reception wasn't exactly pulling in a lot of big named celebrities. But we were surprised when, a few days ago, Caitlin's mom called and said that we got a present from him. He sent us a personalized copy of one of his newer books, Zana's Gift: A Life in Christmases. That was pretty cool. I was a fan before, but Mr. Card taking some of his time to send a present to someone he doesn't really know makes me an even bigger fan.

On a mostly unrelated note: Target sent us an e-mail telling us that they would give us a $25 dollar gift card if we gave up our claim on the super cheap car seat that didn't really exist. Cait says she wont be bought for a quarter of a Century of dollars. But I'm not so Sure. I think I like putting making random Words capitolized.

5 comments:

  1. I think we should name our first son Orson. Or Scott. Or Card. Card would be cool. Card Carroll-Browning. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! Regarding the Moo carseat that Caitlin purchased. It does exist because my sister in law saw a look alike in the back of a Scion the other day. And I emailed the link to my friend who is middle of PhD/pregnant/animal lady who loves everything with Moo, and she liked it of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The carseat does exist--just not for the price that we were willing to pay. Target made a mistake and so refused to send it for the price that it was listed under.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool guy. You should totally name a kid after him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude. Tim. I was stalking your facebook which led me to your blog. which led me to this story of Orson Scott Card. Amazing. all i can say is amazing. Loved Enders game. Love Orson. anyway. congrats on the wedding. it's been a while. i just thought i would drop a note and say hi. so......HI!

    ReplyDelete