Thursday, November 13, 2008

No blame on Palin

I'm hesitant to make my second post political, but it's something I talk about a lot, so there's probably not much avoiding it.

I follow Right Wing News, an obviously and self proclaimed right wing leaning political blog. The recently released their most hated people on the right. So basically, a little self hate going on. This is healthy sometimes, I feel. One name that amazed me that was left off of the list was Sarah Palin. Now I'm trying really hard, since the election, to be honest, not to hate Sarah Palin. I think she is a good woman who was over her head. So I don't want to hate her for doing what she feels is right. But certainly, in my mind, she did a lot to spoil the election and generally make life harder for John Mccain. Could he have won if Sarah didn't alienate so many in the center? Probably not. He was quickly becoming irrelevant as Obama-mania grew. But she certainly did not help. But does anyone on the far right blame her? Apparently not. She is not in the top 10:
10) Arnold Schwarzenegger (12)
7) Mike Huckabee (13)
7) Pat Buchanan (13)
7) Ron Paul (13)
6) Chuck Hagel (14)
5) Arlen Specter (15)
4) Colin Powell (17)
3) Peggy Noonan (18)
2) Ted Stevens (19)
1) John McCain (25)

nor in the top 25. This of anything I have read shows me that Sarah Palin is the direction the GOP is heading. Peggy Noonan ends up at number three, mainly, I would suppose for her criticism of Sarah Palin. John McCain, the centrist is more hated then anyone apparently, even more than the man who took bribes from big oil. Other centrists including Hagel and Arnold make the top 10 too. Maybe they wont go as far as Ron Paul to reverse direction, but Sarah Palin I think is looking like the best option in their opinion.

Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment