Monday, November 17, 2008

A confession

I'm already listening to Christmas music. It makes me sick. Usually I'm all for restraining Christmas joy 'til after Thanksgiving, for fear that it will take over Halloween. But this year I am not doing so well.

I think part of the blame would have to go to Pandora (quick note: Pandora is the bomb, even if I had lots of money I would still listen to my free, commercial free radio on Pandora.com rather than buy itunes. It has an endless variety and gives me indie cred when I find new bands). I created all my stations over a year ago, but the last one that I created was a Christmas station. Now the way Pandora is set up, whenever you log on on a new computer where you haven't adjusted the setting, the first station that plays is the newest one you've created, which in my case happens to be my Christmas station. Now usually I just change stations, but lately I've been drawn to the music. Some would say that I should just create a new station to play first. My stations are a work of art tightly refined over years of work. They are very near sacred and will not be touched. On the Christmas station the music that comes up most often is Josh Groban christmas music (is Josh Groban still cool? he was cool in highschool, I'm not sure if he is anymore), which always pulls me in to listen to 'just one song' which leads to many others. It's an addiction.

I'm ashamed. To alleviate my shame I think I will place the blame on the credit crises and faulty sup-prime loans. Curse you International Paper Market! Or on a lack of Thanksgiving music. Why is Christmas the only holiday with a soundtrack?

1 comment: