Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ode to Austin

Austin is a big deal in my life. She is really the only friend that I've kept in college. We get along great, and she is more like me than anyone else. You know when people just GET you? That's Austin for me. She understands me better than anyone.

A brief history of Austin & Caitlin:
We met in Liberty Square apartments our sophomore year. We both moved in with our former freshman year roommates, and by the end, we were best friends, and our other roommates were pretty much out of the picture (sorry Heather and Melissa. We still love you both dearly though).




Junior year is when we really were inseparable though. Even though we didn't live together (Austin had more money than me, because she had a real job by this point), I pretty much spent the night with her all the time. Last summer, we hung constantly, again. I was putting in my papers to serve a mission, and Austin was planning on another year of teaching.







One thing lead to another, and I ended up married and she ended up missioned. It's been an interesting few months.





I cried like a baby at the MTC family-goodbye thing. Austin just looked at me, and said "see ya later!" as she skipped away to her alternate reality. It was rough for me though. I couldn't help but think that could've been me a few months ago. But I've settled for a pretty great husband, so no worries, I'll be fine. But.... I will miss Austin dearly! She is going to be a phenomenal missionary.

3 comments:

  1. She's an Hermana! Where is she going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you joking?! You know that's MY MISSION, right??? I will totally write to her, if you're sure it's Houston Houston and not South or East, I already know the address!!!! Wow good for her!!! She will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How was your sleepover? Did your tent fit inside your room?

    ReplyDelete