Thursday, November 13, 2008

Our Blog

So this is our new blog, it is kind of boring. But it will be awesome. I swear it. Hopefully I'll be able to post as much as my prolific wife, but don't bet on it. In fact don't bet at all. It's a degrading habit.

Blogger gives some suggestions for labels for posts down at the bottom of the edit page. The three suggestions are 'scooter, vacation, fall.'

I will address scooters. I'm talking about like the Razor scooters. Are they still popular? They sure had a boom a little while ago, but it seems to have died off. But will they die off completely or just find their place in the non-motorized vehicle world, like rollerblades. Rollerblades used to be the shiz, but then their popularity lessened. But they did not die out and have subsequently found their place, with long haired people or people on the beach. Will scooters be the same? I doubt it. First off, they're just not as cool as other forms of transportation. Can you imagine scooters in the x-games? I don't think so. They're like blue-tooth, cool for a while, but then everyone realized how silly you look with one of those, so the only people who kept them are those who need them, like really busy people in suits, or moms who talk in the car a lot. But nobody needs scooters bad enough to keep them alive. They just don't add that much convenience, unless they are motorized. But BYU still has no scooter signs posted in a lot of places. I think that is their best hope. Only if scooters are outlawed somewhere will they give enough street cred to their riders to make them worth riding. That's how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment