Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Treehouse Museum

Dying to get out of the house (and Mountain Green), I convinced Tim to drive me to the big city of Ogden for an outing to see Santa (which was a bust, though we did eat at Chick-fil-a in the food court) and then had him drop the kids and me off at the children's museum. He took a relaxing break at a nearby coffee shop and read while the kids and I spent three glorious hours in what was a surprisingly entertaining museum. There were some really neat exhibits:


Anybody recognize this guy??


Playing doctor in the new baby nursery

Why yes, Atticus is wearing PJs!

This girl was a blur of energy, difficult to get pictures of -- she was having a blast.

Whimsical fairy-tale figurines


In the "partici-play"


My favorite part: old-timey schoolhouse. 





Oh, you know, just in a Mongolian yurt.

Then we headed to China.

In China.
It was one of the first times I've been out with my kids' and they have played nice, together and with other kids, with little adult intervention. Unfortunately I didn't bring a book, just basked in their kid joy and explored the awesome museum myself. I was frequently turning a corner into something cool and yelling back "Atticus, you HAVE to see this, hurry!" And the museum itself is not expensive, I think our admission was $5 for adults and $6 for the kids. Cheapest children's museum I've ever been to, and totally worth it (but they don't participate in ACM reciprocal, unfortunately!) If you ever find yourself in the dismal city of Ogden, there is a bright spot, have no fear! With or without kids, go to this place. You will not regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment