Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Return to running

By Tim

It's been a long time, since before Cait and I got married, that I have run consistently. I've ran on and off ever since I finished the Ragnar Wasatch Back Relay in 2008. I've always wanted to get back into running, but never really put forth enough effort. The closest I came was this time last year, before we thought we would go to Egypt that summer, but when we got to Egypt, time was tight and running didn't make it up the priority list. But with the return of decent weather now and what seems to be a partial healing of my knee which has bothered me ever since the Wasatch Back, I'm really into running again. I've run every non-Sunday, except for last Saturday, for 2 weeks (which isn't a lot, but a good start). I've signed up for a 5k next weekend and a half marathon in May. I'm looking at running the Utah Valley Marathon on June 11 and some other races in between. I've also bought this sweet watch.


I've always wanted a GPS/heart rate monitor to try to take my training up to the next level. I've started keeping track of my runs on mapmyrun . Here's the run I'm planning for today.




I'm also, for the first time in a long time, excited to go out and run every day. I'm not sure what has changed, but I'm glad that it has.

So, if anyone wants a running partner in Provo, I'm available. Fast or slow, short or long, I'm ready for it.

1 comment:

  1. I hope no one stalks you and kills you on your run.

    - Cait

    ReplyDelete