Sunday, March 22, 2009

When I die

I think this might be the first in a series of articles of things I wan't people to know about what I want to happen after I die. Next week, the funeral march on the road to Faust. Was it Faust Gordon? Or some other city? Sorry I stole your idea.

This week, an original idea, and by original I mean not stolen from Gordon, but rather stolen from a graveyard. I want a bench for a gravestone, as in the following picture.


Sorry to Mr. Atkin for borrowing a photo of your gravestone without permission.

I'm a big fan of this idea because it allows me to be of service to others, even when I'm dead. So when people come to the graveyard, or cemetery, or what have you, even if they don't know me, they'll think, "Oh, a bench, how nice," and then they'll sit on my grave bench and look on the graves of their loved ones in comfort. And as they leave, they'll think in their mind, "Thank you Tim for the seat." I like that idea.

I think I'll have to put "Feel free to sit here" somewhere visible on the top so that people don't feel awkward about sitting on my resting place.

2 comments:

  1. 1. Yes, Faust is correct.
    2. If I can die before you, I'm still doing the Faust Road thing, and then it won't be nearly as original for you to do it.
    3. You didn't apologize to Mrs. Atken - it's her final resting place too. Show some respect.
    3b. I think the key will be avoiding a monumental granite bench. People will be much more likely to sit on it if it's a typical wooden park bench with a little marker on it with your name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be put in a drawer. something about being buried underground freaks me out. but, are we really old enough to be thinking about this?

    ReplyDelete