Sunday, August 19, 2012

The beginning

Time here is both moving along so quickly and standing still at the same time. Isn't it so bizarre how that happens? I feel like we've lived in Madison four months. And Tallulah seems like a completely different baby since we left South Carolina. I remember thinking when we left SC that my dad and brother would be here right after we arrived (it was three weeks) but it seemed like forever after. We've done so much in these past three weeks, mostly playing and exploring.

Dad and Ethan came for the weekend, on their way to school in Utah. They stayed two nights, and we were very happy to have them. Atticus especially... he cried a long time when they left. He missed his Poppy. For his birthday, we went to Target and he picked out a soccer ball and a Mater car. He's been asking for a soccer ball for weeks and he called Grammy more than once to ask her to buy him one for his birthday. So, my dad was under strict instructions from my mom to make sure we went to Target and bought him one while they were here. We told Atticus that, and he kept asking: "what did Grammy say?" and then he would say "Guy, store, soccer ball, birthday." Adorable.

And now that they are off, real life begins. I start school tomorrow, 8 am - 4 pm, every day for a week, then classes start the week after next. I'm nervous, but not for me. For one, I really hope Tallulah takes a bottle for Tim. I also hope Tim likes stay-at-home daddyhood as much as he claims he will. I am so excited to start school, and I'm a little worried he's dreading it on the inside, because I know if our roles were reversed, I would be. But, such is life, and he'll get his turn in a few years :) So, in the mean time, I'll be ready for math camp. And embrace my inner nerd. 

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH good luck!! What a big day/week/beyond for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Tim are both an inspiration to me. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete